Huron Natural Area is an awe-inspiring 107-hectare destination for nature lovers, families, trail walkers and photographers. Surround yourself in nature without leaving the city!
Huron Natural Area is Kitchener’s largest and most valuable natural space, offering something for everyone – from hikers and joggers, to photographers, bird watchers, and those who simply enjoy spending time in nature’s serenity. Here, you’ll find:
- Strasburg Creek, one of the city’s only cold water streams
- Provincially significant wetlands, forest, meadows and significant species
- Scenic hiking trails, boardwalks and lookout areas
- A natural playscape for children
- An amazing natural and cultural history
Huron Natural Area is a partnership between the City of Kitchener, the Waterloo Catholic District School Board and the Waterloo Region District School Board. Working together they maintain and improve the ecological integrity of the park, and work to educate visitors about the indigenous ecosystems of the area.
Click here for a Trail Map for Huron Natural Area