See what’s happening during March Break 2019.
March Break – while kids are counting down the days, parents can be a little more stressed as they try to figure out how to keep the family busy!
Whether you’re looking for some ‘stay-cation’ fun, or a camp to fill the kids’ days, here are some ideas to help you make the most of March Break!
The sooner you book the better: many of these day camps are in high demand. The good news is there’s a lot of variety: the bad news is it might be difficult to choose just one!
- Clay & Glass Gallery March Break Art Camp – creative play from 9 am to 4:30 pm daily
- Wilmot Recreation Complex March Break Camp – includes sports, science, crafts and drama; 9 am to 4 pm daily
- City of Cambridge “Mission Escape!” March Break Camps – games and activities at the John Dolson Centre and W.G. Johnson Centre; 7:30 am to 5:30 pm daily
- KWAG “Art Escape” March Break Camp – kids unleash their creativity and learn new skills; 9 am to 5 pm daily
- Airborne Trampoline KW March Break Camp – lots of activities, outings, a movie day and more; 9 am to 5 pm daily
- Cambridge Centre for the Arts March Break Camps – two camps to choose from; 9 am to 4 pm daily
- Kitchener Market ‘Kids in the Kitchen’ March Break Camp – chefs teach basic cooking and nutrition skils as well as breaks with crafts and other activities; 9 am to 4 pm daily
- Kitchener Humane Society Animal Camp – activities, guest speakers, animal visits and more; 9 am to 4 pm daily
- Bingemans March Break Day Camps – full use of the FunworX facility and much more: 9 am to 4 pm daily
- March Break ECO Camp – an outdoor camp experience at rare Charitable Research Reserve; 9 am to 5 pm daily
- Conestogo River Horseback Adventures March Break Camp– horseback riding lessons, horse-related crafts, and games; 9 am to 4 pm daily
Daily Fun during March Break:
There’s lots happening in the region all week long! Grab your calendar and get ready to fill your days with these great ideas:
- Cambridge Ice Centre presents “Carnival Day” March 14th
- St. Jacobs & Aberfoyle Model Railway is open daily during March Break for big fun on a small scale
- Work as a team to see if you can solve the escape rooms at The Ultimate Escape
- Have Tea with Granny on March 14th at McDougall Cottage
- Take a St. Jacobs Horse Drawn Tours Maple Sugar Bush Tour
- It’s March Break Madness at the Waterloo Region Museum
- Enjoy March Break outdoors at Chicopee Tube Park
- Take in BugFeast at the Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory
- “Surviving Until Spring” at Schneider Haus tests your pioneer survival skills
- Take part in THEMUSEUM’s VR Live Research Demos
- Book a trip on one of Waterloo Central Railway’s St. Patrick’s Day trains (wear green!)
- Conestoga Mall is hosting fun events in the Winners Court and Centre Court all week long
- Max’s Sports World is Home of the Dome, and home to lots of fun and activities
- Take a journey into the lavish Victorian era at Castle Kilbride (special March Break hours and admission rates, open March 13-17)
And don’t forget to check out what all the local libraries have in store during March Break!
Kitchener Public Library
Waterloo Public Library
Idea Exchange Cambridge
Region of Waterloo Library
Have fun as you enjoy March Break and #ExploreWR !
SEE WHAT ELSE IS HAPPENING IN WATERLOO REGION. CHECK OUT THE LOCAL BUZZ!