See what’s happening during March Break 2019.
March Break – while kids are counting down the days, parents can be a little more stressed as they try to figure out how to keep the family busy!
Whether you’re looking for some ‘stay-cation’ fun, or a camp to fill the kids’ days, here are some ideas to help you make the most of March Break!
The sooner you book the better: many of these day camps are in high demand. The good news is there’s a lot of variety: the bad news is it might be difficult to choose just one!
- Clay & Glass Gallery March Break Art Camp – creative play from 9 am to 4:30 pm daily
- Wilmot Recreation Complex March Break Camp – includes sports, science, crafts and drama; 9 am to 4 pm daily
- City of Cambridge “Mission Escape!” March Break Camps – games and activities at the John Dolson Centre and W.G. Johnson Centre; 7:30 am to 5:30 pm daily
- KWAG “Art Escape” March Break Camp – kids unleash their creativity and learn new skills; 9 am to 5 pm daily
- Airborne Trampoline KW March Break Camp – lots of activities, outings, a movie day and more; 9 am to 5 pm daily
- Cambridge Centre for the Arts March Break Camps – two camps to choose from; 9 am to 4 pm daily
- Kitchener Market ‘Kids in the Kitchen’ March Break Camp – chefs teach basic cooking and nutrition skils as well as breaks with crafts and other activities; 9 am to 4 pm daily
- Kitchener Humane Society Animal Camp – activities, guest speakers, animal visits and more; 9 am to 4 pm daily
- Bingemans March Break Day Camps – full use of the FunworX facility and much more: 9 am to 4 pm daily
- March Break ECO Camp – an outdoor camp experience at rare Charitable Research Reserve; 9 am to 5 pm daily
- Conestogo River Horseback Adventures March Break Camp– horseback riding lessons, horse-related crafts, and games; 9 am to 4 pm daily
Daily Fun during March Break:
There’s lots happening in the region all week long! Grab your calendar and get ready to fill your days with these great ideas:
- Cambridge Ice Centre presents “Carnival Day” March 14th
- St. Jacobs & Aberfoyle Model Railway is open daily during March Break for big fun on a small scale
- Work as a team to see if you can solve the escape rooms at The Ultimate Escape
- Have Tea with Granny on March 14th at McDougall Cottage
- Take a St. Jacobs Horse Drawn Tours Maple Sugar Bush Tour
- It’s March Break Madness at the Waterloo Region Museum
- Enjoy March Break outdoors at Chicopee Tube Park
- Take in BugFeast at the Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory
- “Surviving Until Spring” at Schneider Haus tests your pioneer survival skills
- Take part in THEMUSEUM’s VR Live Research Demos
- Book a trip on one of Waterloo Central Railway’s St. Patrick’s Day trains (wear green!)
- Conestoga Mall is hosting fun events in the Winners Court and Centre Court all week long
- Max’s Sports World is Home of the Dome, and home to lots of fun and activities
- Take a journey into the lavish Victorian era at Castle Kilbride (special March Break hours and admission rates, open March 13-17)
And don’t forget to check out what all the local libraries have in store during March Break!
Have fun as you enjoy March Break and #ExploreWR !
SEE WHAT ELSE IS HAPPENING IN WATERLOO REGION. CHECK OUT THE LOCAL BUZZ!