Coming from abroad? Find information regarding necessary documentation and eligibility to enter Canada here.
The Region of Waterloo International Airport (YKF) is located in Breslau, minutes from Cambridge, Kitchener and Waterloo. YKF makes it easy to fly into Waterloo Region for a weekend, or an extended stay. Non-stop service to/from 15+ destinations provided by Flair, Sunwing and WestJet Airlines. Learn more about how to plan your trip to/from Waterloo Region. Simpli-fly your air travel experience with YKF and stay a little longer!
From Toronto to K-W:
- Take ON-401 W towards London
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for QEW/Hamilton/Ontario 403/Ontario 410/Brampton
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Ontario 401 W/London and merge onto ON-401 W
- Take exit 278 to merge onto ON-8 W toward Kitchener/Waterloo
From London to K-W:
- Take the ramp onto ON-401 E via ramp towards Toronto
- Take exit 278B for Regional Road 8/King St E toward Kitchener-Waterloo
- Merge onto King St E Merge onto ON-8 W via the ramp to Kitchener/Waterloo
From 401 East to Cambridge:
- Take 401 West headed to London
- Take the HWY-24 S/RR-24/Hespeler Rd Exit, exit 282. Toward Brantford
- Turn Left onto Hespeler Rd/HWY-24 S/RR-24 S.
From 401 West to Cambridge:
- Take 401 East headed to Toronto
- Merge onto Hespeler Rd/HWY-24 S/RR-24 S via exit 282 toward Brantford
VIA Rail runs between Kitchener and Toronto, Guelph, London, and Sarnia; the train station is located at 126 Weber St. W, near the corner of Victoria St. in the northeast corner of downtown. Via runs three trains a day in each direction. Learn more on VIA Rail’s website.
GoTransit Route 25 Waterloo/Mississauga. Stops in Waterloo Region: Wilfrid Laurier University, University of Waterloo, Kitchener Bus Terminal, Sportsworld and Cambridge Smart Centres. View GoTransit’s website.
FlixBus offers trips from Kitchener and Waterloo to Pearson International Airport.
Grand River Transit (GRT): Is the public transit operator for the Region of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. It operates daily bus services in the region, primarily in the cities of Cambridge, Kitchener, and Waterloo. GRT operates five iXpress routes that provide frequent, limited-stop express service along major corridors in Cambridge, Kitchener and Waterloo. It also operates Route 302 which runs between Fairway Station in Kitchener and Ainslie Street Terminal in Cambridge connecting riders to Route 301 ION light rail service. Route 302 offers express service similar to iXpress, but also features more comfortable high-back seats, free Wi-Fi and USB chargers.
ION Light Rail Transit
ION is Waterloo Region’s light rail transit (LRT) system. It runs between Kitchener’s Fairview Park Mall and Waterloo’s Conestoga Mall, with plans for an expansion into Cambridge in the future. ION trains connect passengers to the existing bus system (Grand River Transit), making it easy to travel across the region. Use their trip planner for information about routes and schedules.
You can ride your bike anywhere in Waterloo Region. In the cities, bike trips of less than five kilometres often take no more time than driving. You can even use Bus ‘n’ Bike to combine cycling and Grand River Transit rack-equipped vehicles to make longer rides easier.
The following are licensed taxi-cabs companies by the Region of Waterloo: