ORIGINALLY POSTED BY THE TOURISM INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION OF ONTARIO
May 24, 2019, Toronto— The Tourism Industry Association of Ontario (TIAO) unveiled its Board of Directors for 2019-2020. Three new directors were elected: Anne-Marie Forcier, Manager City-College Opportunities Office, St. Lawrence College; Kevin Eshkawkogan, CEO, Indigenous Tourism Ontario; and Noel Buckley, President & General Manager, Scotiabank Convention Centre.
TIAO’s new board members not only bring a multilingual and Indigenous perspective, but an in-depth understanding of the meeting and convention industry. TIAO welcomes its new directors with great pride and looks forward to continuing to deliver on its mandate to advocate the importance of tourism in order to serve the interests of Ontario’s diverse tourism industry and business community.
On behalf of its staff and membership, TIAO thanks its outgoing board members for their outstanding work and contributions to both the organization and tourism in Ontario. Directors stepping down from the board are: Heather Ford, Owner, Green Acres Inn; and Kathrine Christensen, Executive Director, 1000 Islands Accommodation Partners.
TIAO also congratulates its Board of Directors’ Executive Committee on their new or reprised roles. The complete Board of Directors comprises the following:
- Michele Saran (President & CEO, Waterloo Regional Tourism Marketing Corporation) Chair
- Andrew Weir (Executive Vice President, Destination Development, Tourism Toronto) Vice-Chair
- Doug Switzer (President & CEO, Ontario Motor Coach Association) Treasurer
- Steve Ball (President, Ottawa Gatineau Hotel Association) Secretary
- Lorrie McKee (Director, Public Affairs and Stakeholder Relations, Greater Toronto Airports Authority) Past Chair
- Ian McMillan (International Marketing Specialist, Destination Northern Ontario)
- Mark Iker (Advertising Sales Manager, The Globe and Mail)
- Bryan Plumstead (Tourism Manager, Grey County Tourism)
- Robin Garrett (President, Meridian Reservation Systems)
- Chuck Thibeault (Executive Director, RTO6, Central Counties Tourism)
- Keith Simmonds (General Manager, Great Wolf Lodge)
- Anne-Marie Forcier (Manager City-College Opportunities Office, St. Lawrence College)
- Kevin Eshkawkogan (CEO, Indigenous Tourism Ontario)
- Noel Buckley, President & General Manager, Scotiabank Convention Centre