Explore Waterloo Region is the Destination Marketing Organization for the Region of Waterloo.
Our objective is to attract leisure and business travellers, group tours, media, meetings and sporting events to Waterloo Region. We also work together with our members on destination development, and to promote festivals, events, attractions, restaurant and hotel offerings.
We attract visitors to this area by telling our region’s story: by letting visitors know that the same amazing attractions, events, shops, restaurants and people that make Waterloo Region a great place to live also make our region a great place to visit.
We invite you to be part of our story! If your tourism or hospitality business is located in one of our region’s townships or cities, you are eligible to become a member with Explore Waterloo Region.
(Please note that memberships expire at the end of each calendar year and will be automatically renewed.)
Explore Waterloo Region Membership Benefits include:
- A 100-word listing on Explore Waterloo Region’s (EWR) website (our website received more than 700,000 page views in 2022)
- New for 2023: Explore Waterloo Region Benefits program has been developed with Cowan Insurance & Manulife to exclusively offer EWR members flexible, affordable, hassle-free group benefits coverage
- Access to EWR’s Event Calendar to promote your events
- Invitations to attend member-only webinars and workshops
- Members may be asked to participate in media/influencer visit itineraries, which provide exposure to writers looking for destination stories
- Opportunities to host meeting planners and tour operators
- Access to leads & referrals
- Access to the Festival & Event Impact calculator
- Networking opportunities with the tourism community at EWR’s Annual General Meeting – a members-only event that provides an in-depth look at the past year’s results and details about strategies for the year ahead. Members have voting privileges at the AGM
- Subscription to EWR’s monthly industry newsletter, and more! Explore Waterloo Region also amplifies positive messages and images that promote our region through our social media channels. Use the #ExploreWR hashtag to engage with our social media conversations.
- New for 2023: EWR Members are also eligible to apply for free membership with the Tourism Industry Association of Ontario (TIAO)
For questions regarding membership please contact [email protected]
Curious about what we do? Learn more about Explore Waterloo Region and how we can help promote your business or event to leisure and corporate visitors, as well as the local community.
Explore Waterloo Region partners with a number of organizations locally, provincially, and nationally to amplify our marketing efforts and add value to our brand