Explore Waterloo Region is the Destination Marketing Organization for the Region of Waterloo.
Our objective is to attract leisure and business travellers, group tours, meetings and sporting events to Waterloo Region. We also work together with our members on destination development, and to promote festivals, events, attractions, restaurant and hotel offerings.
We attract visitors to this area by telling our region’s story: by letting visitors know that the same amazing attractions, events, shops, restaurants and people that make Waterloo Region a great place to live also make our region a great place to visit.
We invite you to be part of our story!
Explore Waterloo Region welcomes tourism or hospitality related businesses located in any of our region’s townships or cities to apply for membership.
Membership with Explore Waterloo is free! Memberships will be automatically renewed at the end of each calendar year unless otherwise requested.
Explore Waterloo Region Membership Benefits include:
- A 100-word listing on Explore Waterloo Region’s (EWR) website
- New: Explore Waterloo Region has developed a Benefits program with Cowan Insurance & Manulife that exclusively offers EWR members flexible, affordable, hassle-free group benefits coverage
- Access to EWR’s Member Portal – a website designed specifically for members that provides access to information, educational opportunities, programs, tools, leads, marketing opportunities and more
- Access to EWR’s Event Calendar to promote your events
- Invitations to attend member-only webinars and workshops
- Members may be asked to participate in media/influencer visit itineraries, which provide exposure to writers looking for destination stories
- Opportunities to host meeting planners and tour operators
- Access to leads & referrals
- Access to the Festival & Event Impact calculator
- Networking opportunities with the tourism community at EWR’s Annual General Meeting – a members-only event that provides an in-depth look at the past year’s results and details about strategies for the year ahead. Members have voting privileges at the AGM
- Subscription to EWR’s monthly industry newsletter
- Explore Waterloo Region also amplifies positive messages and images that promote our region through our social media channels. Members are invited to use the #ExploreWR hashtag to engage with our social media conversations.
(Please note that memberships expire at the end of each calendar year and will be automatically renewed.)
For questions regarding membership please contact [email protected]